October 6, 2017, Jointly organized by City of Leuven, VRP and ECTP-CEU
Enhancing spatial efficiency in urbanized areas
- 14.00 Welcoming words by Joris Scheers, president ECTP-CEU and Carl Devlies, First Elderman City of Leuven, responsible for Spatial Planning.
- 14.10 Leuven Urban redevelopment programs as strategic projects of the Spatial planning policy by Wiet Vandaele, head of the planning department, City of Leuven
Followed by public discussion
- 14.50 Spatial efficiency as a central policy in Flanders by Geert Mertens, expert of the Department Omgeving, Flanders Region
- Followed by observations made by ECTP-planners Michael Stein (SRL-Germany) and Joao Teixeira (AUP-Portugal) and public discussion
- 15.30 Break
- 15.45 – 16.10 Aiming for spatial efficiency and the importance of well managed planning processes by Vincent Goodstadt (RTPI, UK) Followed by public discussion.
- 16.10 – 16.40 Project driven approaches in enhancing spatial efficiency by Vladan Djokic, University of Belgrade
- 16.40 Book presentation ‘Spatial Planning in Flanders’
- 17.00 Closing reception
Leuven, OPEK, Vaartkom Urban Redevelopment Area
Free access, registration is mandatory !
Info and registration
12th Biennial of
European Towns and Town Planners
Paris 29 June 2017
The Biennial was a very good success and we wish to warmly thank all participants & partners.
More news soon !